- Title: Project Coordinator.
- Location: Remote (2-4h daily overlap with PST timezone).
- Contract: 20 to 40 hours per week (based on experience and availability).
- Application Deadline: March 12th, 2021.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for leading the community development efforts aimed at building bridges between Korean and international organizations. These efforts will primarily revolve around the coordination of several specialized summits throughout the year. The Project Coordinator will have the ability to collect and incorporate the feedback from past participants and the community into the design process of the summits, and will be able to create workshops and other activities to achieve the goals set for each summit. They will keep the community updated and engaged in-between summits, and should be able to draft key documents, such as summit guides, surveys, presentations summaries, instructions for speakers and participants, and quarterly reports.
- Formulate project descriptions, budgets, timelines, personnel, workflows and deliverables.
- Design and implement community development and outreach strategies.
- Establish mechanisms to measure and quantify progress against baselines and benchmarks.
Management and Reporting
- Manage all logistics and event design efforts to host several online events throughout the year, monitoring budgets and expenses.
- Serve as the liaison between NFP management, partners, speakers, vendors and participants.
- Design agendas, workshops, and other activities related to the summits
- Keep the NFP management apprised of the status of the project and informed of any obstacles to achieving goals.
- Draft key documents, such as summit guides, scripts, surveys, presentations summaries, instructions for speakers and participants, and quarterly reports.
- Supervise project personnel, as required.
Communications and Fundraising
- Communicate NFP’s mission and goals to target audiences.
- Engage and move a diverse set of international nonprofit groups and technology professionals to action.
- Collaborate with NFP management and staff in developing grant applications as required.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken). Fluency in Korean is a plus, but we encourage candidates without Korean fluency to apply as well.
- Experience in some form of community building, event management or project management.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure and anticipate needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Articulate and with professional speaking abilities.
- Empathic listener with a welcoming personality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work synchronously with the PST timezone workday for at least 2-4 hours every day.
- Experience/knowledge about the Internet Freedom field and/or ICT space is preferred, but not required.
- Work experience in the nonprofit sector is preferred, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following documents to [email protected]:
- Résumé (including any relevant social media).
- In lieu of a cover letter, share a short summary (<1000 characters) responding to: In your own experience, what are the key five things that make an event/gathering go from good to great. Please think about an event as any activity that enables productive collaboration between many diverse participants, not simply a conference. We encourage you to share your personal experiences, rather than the average event checklist.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetFreedom Pioneers is committed to inclusivity and equity. We welcome talented humans with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Our commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.