NetFreedom Pioneers is seeking a passionate and organized individual to join our team as an Curriculum Designer for our Gender and Technology Program. In this role, you will work on a program to advance gender equality and rights through training primary school teachers in the Middle East. Launching in January 2023, this e-learning course provides teachers with tools to address sexism in the curriculum, as well as advocacy skills. Our e-learning course focuses on how to recognize and address sexism in the curriculum, and includes a community building component to support grassroots solutions.
ABOUT NETFREEDOM PIONEERS
NetFreedom Pioneers (NFP) is a technology nonprofit committed to inspire and bring positive social change to the world. We harness the medium of innovative, digital technology to promote education, learning, and empowerment – the building blocks to lasting change. Our global team develops and employs innovative satellite, Internet, and mobile technologies to overcome the largest digital barriers to empowering and educating people around the world.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Select a culturally appropriate e-learning solution for the target audience
- In collaboration with program stakeholders, design e-learning course format and content to fulfill program objectives
- Working in collaboration with platform developers and other program stakeholders, ensure smooth operation of the e-learning platform
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU ARE
- Passionate about gender and technology
- Great at building user-oriented solutions
- Systematic thinker
- Have excellent people (and communication) skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 2-4 years of developing training programs
- Proven track record of teamwork at nonprofit organizations
- Experience working in multicultural environments and teams, and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Ability to work independently and deliver tasks on deadline
- Spoken and written proficiency in one or more foreign languages. Persian preferred.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies
- Prior experience applying adult learning principles to e-learning courses
- Experience with social impact, technology, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation and/or knowledge management desired
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
HOW TO APPLY
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetFreedom Pioneers is committed to inclusivity and equity. We welcome talented humans with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Our commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.