We seek a Grants Manager (GM) with specific experience in managing federal funding. You will be responsible for assisting with the entire grant lifecycle. This person will be responsible for developing and streamlining NetFreedom Pioneers’ grant processes and procedures, ensuring consistent compliance practices across programs, and advising staff on grant management and regulatory requirements. Reporting to the Executive Director, the GM will oversee our portfolio of grants and incorporate best practices in grant management into the organization.
LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION
This job can be performed remotely in the U.S., or from our office in Los Angeles, California. Benefits and salary structure are contingent on the candidate’s location. The salary range for this position is set at $41 to $52 per hour, based on the candidate’s experience.
ABOUT NETFREEDOM PIONEERS
Founded in Los Angeles, California, NetFreedom Pioneers is a technology nonprofit developing innovative anti-censorship tools and sending life-changing information anywhere the Internet doesn’t reach. We harness digital technologies to promote education, learning, and empowerment—the building blocks to lasting change. For ambitious business and technology professionals seeking to have a meaningful impact in the world, NetFreedom Pioneers offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Works closely with the Executive Director, Vice President, and program partners to design, implement, and communicate grant management policies, procedures, and systems.
- Keep up to date with changes to grant regulations, the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and other guidelines to ensure that internal policies and procedures reflect current best practices.
- Manage and monitor program budgets to ensure funds are accurately allocated across programs, and provide strategic input in the process, working closely with the Executive Director and the accounting team.
- Act as a key point of contact for program partners and donors around grant-related issues, including but not limited to reviewing and processing budget modifications, extensions and increases/decreases.
- Prepare and track submission of grant management reporting, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of submissions.
- Provide basic grants management training to program managers and partners.
- Performs additional due diligence as needed to assess and mitigate compliance and reputational risk to the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A baccalaureate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of grants management experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Sufficient accounting/bookkeeping skills.
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills and organizational capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and analytically, exercising discretion and good judgment.
- Strong spreadsheet game and experience with grant management software.
- Exceptional attention to detail and and strong ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- If you are interested in working remotely, previous experience in working in remote teams.
- Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at supporting and elevating the voices of people across the globe.
Nice to have
- Strong accounting/bookkeeping skills.
- Experience using Intuit QuickBooks.
- Language skills, particularly Persian and / or Korean.
- Experience using secure channels for communication.
HOW TO APPLY
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetFreedom Pioneers is committed to inclusivity and equity. We welcome talented humans with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Our commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.