NetFreedom Pioneers is seeking an experienced Product Manager for a 6-month contract. In this role, you’ll design a work plan, create workshops and activities, and lead sessions with multi-stakeholder groups for the collaborative advancement of information access challenges. Working closely with our global network of human rights defenders, media experts, and technologists, you will coach and mentor working groups on human-centered design methodologies to generate innovative solutions.
Work will be performed remotely
ABOUT NETFREEDOM PIONEERS
NetFreedom Pioneers (NFP) is a technology nonprofit committed to inspire and bring positive social change to the world. We harness the medium of innovative, digital technology to promote education, learning, and empowerment – the building blocks for lasting change. Our global team develops and employs innovative satellite, Internet, and mobile technologies to overcome the largest digital barriers to empowering and educating people around the world.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Develop a detailed work plan for a Technology Incubator, including stages, milestones, and expected outcomes for three technology teams
- Design and lead workshops and activities, and create related materials to achieve the expected outcomes as stated in the work plan.
- Coach and mentor teams on product management tools and strategies.
- Routinely check in with the incubated teams to monitor progress and ensure timely delivery of the expected outcomes.
- Compile the work plan, methodology, instructions, and toolkit into a document to serve as the foundation for future editions of the incubator.
- Coach teams to present projects at an in-person gathering in Q2 of 2024, and travel to attend the event in person.
- Support the Program Manager in reporting and documenting related milestones and updates.
You Are A Great Fit For This Role If
- Passionate about the intersection of technology and society
- Great at building user-oriented solutions
- Have experience teaching or training in product management methodologies
- Systematic thinker
- Have excellent people (and communication) skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working as a product manager or with product management methodologies
- Experience working in multicultural environments and teams and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and deliver tasks on deadline
Nice to have
- Experience with nonprofit organizations and/or social impact projects
- Native or professional Korean language proficiency
HOW TO APPLY
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetFreedom Pioneers is committed to inclusivity and equity. We welcome talented humans with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Our commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.