NetFreedom Pioneers is seeking an experienced Technical Coordinator to join our East Asia team. In this role, the Technical Coordinator will provide technical support, coordinate tasks, implement project plans, ensure timely implementation of deliverables, maintain communications with project stakeholders, attend meetings with partners, and perform technical research. This role will report to the East Asia Program Manager, and work in close coordination with NFP’s technology and engineering team.
Seoul, Korea; Los Angeles, U.S.
ABOUT NETFREEDOM PIONEERS
NetFreedom Pioneers (NFP) is a technology nonprofit committed to inspiring and bringing positive social change to the world. We harness the power of digital technology to promote education, learning, and empowerment – the building blocks to lasting change. Our global team develops and employs innovative satellite, Internet, and mobile technologies to overcome the largest digital barriers to information access for the benefit of society at large.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Provide technical and implementation support to assigned programs
- Liaise with the team and program stakeholders to identify and define technical project requirements, scope and objectives
- Liaise between the technical and nontechnical staff and third party providers, and act as the technical point of contact for the assigned programs
- Research, identify and monitor third party technology contractors and service providers
- Technical program monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, analysis, and preparation of reports to donors and partners
- Identify needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, and asset management, driving required changes to make sure designers and engineers are working at optimum efficiency
- Prepare instructional materials, technical guidelines, and technical documentation
- Travel internationally to monitor and/or implement program-related activities
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU ARE
- You are passionate about technology and digital rights
- You have a good understanding of the digital rights context in the East Asia region, and are part of and in touch with different networks in the region
- You have previous experience working at an Internet Freedom nonprofit
- You are an adaptable, and well-organized systematic thinker
- You have excellent people and communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working as a project coordinator with technical or engineering teams, distributed teams and working across time zones
- Strong technical background with understanding of technology (application development, life cycle, hardware development, etc.), as well as basic knowledge of peer-to-peer and satellite communications.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) and familiarity with the Android operating system
- Proficiency in English and Korean
- Experience working in multicultural environments and teams, and strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Ability to work independently and deliver tasks on deadline
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
HOW TO APPLY
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetFreedom Pioneers is committed to inclusivity and equity. We welcome talented humans with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and encourage diversity and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. Our commitment applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.